The Venture Connectors, a nonprofit corporation, desires to encourage the expansion of business and commercial investment in our region. Through its monthly meetings, VC facilitates the flow of information between entrepreneurs and investors. However, entrepreneurs and investors should be aware that:
- VC does not function as a broker-dealer, securities exchange or investment adviser.
- Most presentations to VC involve small businesses. Investing in small businesses involves a high degree of risk, and investors should not invest any funds unless they can afford to lose their investment.
- VC makes no independent investigation to verify the information provided by entrepreneurs or investors. VC makes no representations or warranties regarding the truth, accuracy or completeness of such information.
- Businesses making presentations have not been and are not recommended by VC or any governmental or regulatory authority.
- Entrepreneurs are solely responsible for the content and legality of their presentations.
- All entrepreneurs and investors are strongly urged to seek legal counsel and other professional advice prior to entering into any investment transaction. Any investment transaction will be on a negotiated basis solely between the entrepreneur and investor, without participation by, or remuneration to, VC.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.