Finalists in the 9th annual Venture Sharks business pitch will compete for a $30,000 prize
A few lucky startups will jump in the water to compete for $30,000 in cash and prizes during the final round of Venture Connectors’ 9th annual Venture Sharks™ business competition on Wednesday, May 2. Entrepreneurs seeking funding for their business plans will fend for themselves against a panel of savvy investor sharks fishing for the next great deal. The final round will be held during our regular monthly luncheon meeting at the Muhammad Ali Center. Click here to register.
The finalists are:
- Desicorp, developer of a dried blood transfusion unit
- Innovative Therapeutix Inc., developer of LullaFeed, a feeding device for infants that uses music reinforcement
- MyNurse, a mobile platform that enables patients and families to easily find a caregiver in real time by geolocation
- Parasite ID LLC, developer of Lice Detector, a test strip for lice
- The winner of Startup Weekend will be invited to compete as a fifth finalist
Finalists will be allowed a few minutes to describe their idea to the judges, who then will fire off questions to the presenters in the style of the popular television show, “Shark Tank.” One lucky survivor will receive $30,000 in cash and prizes to help them take their idea to market.
This year’s Venture Sharks title sponsor is the Vogt Invention & Innovation Fund. In kind sponsors are Fort Phelps PLLC, KiZAN, Splash Analytics, Austin Lopesilvero: Web Designer & Entrepreneur, Story Louisville and Venture First.
Venture Connectors' luncheons are held on the first Wednesday of the month. RSVPs are required. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., and the meeting runs from noon-1:15 p.m. The lunch is free to members and $40 for nonmembers. Click here to register. We hope to see you May 2!