Do you have what it takes to swim with the sharks?
Could you use more than $37,000 in cash and prizes for your startup company?
If you think you're sitting on the next big idea, apply for Venture Sharks, the region's hottest business competition. You can't win if you don't jump in the water!
Modeled after the hit TV show, "Shark Tank," Venture Sharks gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to present their business concepts to an expert panel of investor sharks hungry for a great deal.
2017 Venture Sharks
The 2017 finalists have been chosen, and they'll go head to head with our investor sharks at our monthly Venture Connectors meeting on May 3, held in downtown Louisville at the Muhammad Ali Center. Click here to register for the event.
The finalists are:
- Credit Fair-E, provider of affordable loans up to $500 to low- and middle-income families to help break their cycle of debt
- Herelancer, an online community that connects entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations with creative talent in their local market
- Meta Construction Technologies, a construction-tech firm that gives control to the asphalt industry with an innovative fleet management and dispatch software solution, BlackTop
- Lifebit, winner of Startup Weekend Louisville and developer of a fire alarm alert system for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Toggle Health, manufacturer of a patented device that connects surgeons to their pre-operative and mobile data from the sterile field of the operating room
The sharks will come hungry this year, but only one company will have the right bait!
Audience Participation Crowdfunding Campaign
Donate now to support the audience choice winner to be selected by text vote at the Venture Sharks finals May 3! Click here to read the rules.
2017 Competition Timeline
Feb. 6: Application process opens
March 22 (midnight): Application deadline
April 5: Semifinalists announced
April 12: Venture Sharks preliminary round held, finalists selected
May 3 Venture Connectors luncheon: Venture Sharks final round and grand prize award announced